Sunday, February 3, 2008

South Haven

South Haven is a lake beach of Lake Michigan. It is about 45 minutes drive from my place and in the winter you must be crazy going to the lake side. Well, we are a bunch of crazy people so we actually drove to South Haven at 1 in the morning and then walk towards the lighthouse, which is practically all frozen up. Words do no justice and here are the pictures.As the lighthouse is obivously next to the lake, it has the lake effect, where severe fluctuations of temperature happen when the land meets water. As a result, this structure has been literally glazed with ice. This is no thin ice as it is rock solid and attempts to break it result in my own hand being numb and sore.
This is me at the beneath the structure. Actually there is two post beside me that arches above me and it's all covered in ice. It's as though I'm in some ice cave or something.
This picture would let you understand better my description of the paragraph above.The view of the shoreline from the lighthouse.
Yes I know we are crazy enough to go there. It was really windy and we were drinking beer to keep ourselves warm. On the way back, my friend spun off the road when attempting to negotiate a bend. Looks like the negotiations went out of hand. Hehe till then.

No comments: