Friday, February 22, 2008

Crossroads

In case you're wondering, I'm not talking about the movie which starred Britney Lunatic Spears. I'm describing about the situation I'm in now. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so here is a drawing describing how I feel right now.

I am aware that the picture is too small for some people to read it. The heading says "You have reached the crossroads of your life, what are you gonna do?" And if you look at the four paths it is money, self-fulfillment, love and acceptance.

Bad drawing aside, there are many other paths that can be treaded upon. However, I feel that these four are the most significant paths in my life. Knowing that I would be graduating soon, I would have to make a choice of what kind of path should I choose. I'm gonna elaborate more about the four things.

money - It is a no-brainer that this is the path many people love to take, including myself. Many equate the level of success depends on the amount of zeros that you have in your bank.

love - This is one of the most wonderful experiences that you can have. It is not limited to just the relationship but love among your family and friends.

acceptance - As human beings are social animals, people want acceptance from as many people as they want. Many confuse the money and acceptance; that if they have a lot of money they would be accepted by the society. In many ways it's true but they're accepting of your money, not you.

self-fulfillment - Have you achieved what you yourself want in life? Have you achieved what you want to do in this world?

For me, this four paths when chosen there's no way of turning back. Sure when you have tons of money you could buy your way back to the crossroads and choose acceptance, love or self-fulfillment. However, when you're too into something, like chasing after money, when you want to turn back time is lost and often it is too late. And if you choose the other three paths, you would need money to survive at some point.

This brings myself to a dilemma, what path should i choose? I guess the answer is to take the moderate path. It is possible to divide your commitment to four other different things, albeit it can be difficult. For me I'm always wondering if I could do that or not. The easy way out is to just strive on the money part but I know further down the road I would regret my decision.

There is exactly 63 days left for my graduation. It ought to be that the nearer you come to the crossroads, the clearer it is of what path you want. For this case, the nearer the crossroads, the blurrer and more undecided of what path I want to tread upon. Time is running out..........

No comments: