Monday, January 14, 2008

The Return of The Ghost?

I have to say class have been quite stressful so far. Actually, it's not too bad but it's just that I have this one class that is ultra stressful and pressurize us by giving a test and handing in an assignment for every class. His excuse for doing so was that he wants us to get the feel of the real world. I'm like OMG, if the real world is like that I might as well shoot myself.

Ok I'm deviating to the main topic here. The point is while I was taking a rest from all the stressful work that has been bestowed upon me, one of my friends called me up. It has been months since I'd any contact with her and the last time I manage to really talk to her was back in late September or early October. Since then she has graduated and moved to Oregon looking for her job. While I was talking to her, she abruptly asked me "Eh, are you over Elsie already-ar?". I replied "erm, should be-qua?"

The conversation continues on, and after we finished talking the thought of whether I'm over Elsie lingered in my mind. I'm still having doubts of whether I'm really over her or not. As now I have moved to a new place, maybe the absence of sight makes me able to not remember her at all. I was thinking maybe I'm not over her because I'm lonely and in need of a partner. Seriously, there is so many possibilities and I'm not sure if I'm either too lonely or had the out of sight, out of mind mentality.

I guess the only way to truly put the past behind me is to bury the hatchet once and for all. Maybe I should talk to her as a normal friend and see if I felt anything. Another thing would be to see if I could bear to see her with her new boyfriend holding hands, making out etc. Ah I'm not sure what to do also. However, maybe it's just all about me thinking too much, and that I doubt myself too much as well.

I think from now on I would have more faith in myself. I shall now officially tell myself that it's really over between Elsie and I. Furthermore, I even have a new crush now which I would be seeing her in a few hours time. Like my sister said "In life you'll realize that certain people, especially partners and friends are replaceable." I guess it's time to get rid of the ghost and to replace her.

No comments: