Sunday, March 16, 2008

Boringness

Since coming back to NYC, I felt my life is very stagnant. Everynight I would sleep at around 4 or 5 something in the morning, drive myself to classes and back cook dinner and then hang around. In an attempt entertain myself, I download movies to watch (and in case you're wondering, it is movies that you watch in the cinema =.=). It's not that there's nothing to do. I mean like today there was an International Food Festival. However, I can so imagine gold digger being there with 400 hp (go figure out what I'm trying to say). Lately also, I've been disliking certain group of Asians. Again, I shall just tell myself that they have been brought up this way and I'm wierd and different.

Anywayz, I was watching The Mist. This show talks about a mysterious mist that swept this little town and were trapped in this convenience store. To put things short, the mist I presume create mutations to the animals that breathe in the mist but is immune to humans. The result of the mutations are crazy screwed up animals flying around eating people up and stuff like that. While all this is happening, this crazy staunch Christian begins to brainwash the people in the convenience store, and the rational and sane people were chased out. However, this is not before one of them shot the Christian fanatic, in which I yell out " Yea you .............., you deserve is you son of a ............"

Cursing aside, this show brought myself to think of how can people change under extreme conditions. Before the mist, she was that crazy person who preaches to anyone that bothers to talk to her. Come to this situation, suddenly everyone become entranced in her preachings. I wonder what is the reason for this to happen? Well, as they were in a state of confusion with all the mists and all, they want to know what happened? Then along came this women who says judgement day has come bla bla bla and then she cite specific occurances and say that it is described in the bible. In normal conditions, it would be absurb to believe in what she's saying but in times of desperation, when all things doesn't make sense, hearing something less nonsensical suddenly seems very logical.

While we are always taught to be curious and know the 'why', curiosity kills the cat too. We are always asking why this happened and become so frustrated that we become emotional over it. Seriously, I should do some experiment and make myself a cult. The easiest way would be to confuse the person to the max and then somehow offer them a perfect solution by joining the cult. Somehow, with all these advances in technology and civilization, we are just animals after all and survival instinct would bring out the animal in all of us.

Another lesson learnt here, if a similiar situation like in The Mist happens, I would be sure to shoot the preacher first. Till then, sayonara.

No comments: