Thursday, August 28, 2008

The thought of it

I'm gonna be back in Malaysia in 2 days time. Knowing myself I can say I won't be back in US for quite sometime although I might leave some remnants of my existance in the US.
Been talking to my friends about life in Malaysia in general. In most it is of negative perceptions and one of my friends told me to forget about the air ticket and just stay back as it could well be the best 900USD spent. I have a friend who told me that Malaysia is changing because Anwar won the election. My opinion that if you think Malaysia is changing for the better you're disillusional as it takes a least a generation (20-30 years) to have some noticeable changes as a whole. Being partially Americanized & impatient I want things instantaneously, which is of a rare occurance in Malaysia. To buy a car in Malaysia is a week long affair. When I sold my car about a week ago, it took just 4-5 hours to take a look at the car, apply the loan, driving up and down to cash in the check, buy insurance and register the car. Even a bloody loan can be approved within seconds. Just to show that Malaysia has serious efficiency problems.
Another thing would be that I'm so used to the US system. I know how to register my car, renew the license plates, buy insurance, open a bank account, apply for social security etc etc. I remember back in the good old days when my mom was still driving the Kancil paying just a freaking bill would take an hour. Paying everything would be a day long affair. As nothing could be done online, it is a serious chore running here and there wasting precious time, petrol and money just to get things around in Malaysia.
But before you all think this is another rant of me stepping back to third world country, you are wrong. As much as I try to stay away from Malaysia, I cannot hide the fact that I'm excited to go back. Maybe it is because I'm bored out of my wits waiting to go back, but I cannot deny the fact that after being in Malaysia for over 20 years, I can't help but feel at home with my parents and having a sense of familiarity around. And after staying in different countries of different cultures, I come to realize that each society has its postives and their drawbacks. I can't change the fact that I'm going back, so I might as well stay positive and look forward to things that will come. Life is too short to dwell on the negativity, and so I shall stay positive no matter what.
..............who the hell am I kidding? OMFG, I'M GOING BACK TO MALAYSIA! FUCK ME!!!!!!!

No comments: