Sunday, February 8, 2009

Recollections of Thoughts

As some would know, recently a schoolmate of mine suddenly passed away. Seeing how much he has achieved within that 23 years makes me shameful and small at the same time. I ponder upon whether I could even achieve what he has in my lifetime.

I'd never knew him personally. In secondary school there were 5 science classes. In a way the first three science classes was the smart ones while the last two weren't the so good classes. I was in the latter thus I guess I'd developed an inferiority complex. Well, predictably he was in the smarter class so I'd labeled him like the rest of the people in the first three science classes as snobbish smart people. Looking back I was being so judgmental. What's more unfortunate is that I still am a judgmental prick.

I remembered not too long ago I attended a seminar and that that person asked me what would the tombstone say about you? What legacy would you leave behind? What you would had contributed to society up till then? I look at that person half cursing him as my shallow mind thought he is cursing me that I would die young. In view of recent events, I guess it's time to seriously think of those questions posed onto me.

No comments: